Sunday 20 January 2013

Stressed To The Point Of Oblivion.

Hello All,

I truly love learning. I would say it is my chief enjoyment, equalled only by my love of tea. The thing is, the things I detest more than any other are exams. I don't mean in oh-I-am-so-nervous, I-cant-be-bothered way. I mean in a hands balled into fists, trying not to have a breakdown, crushing fear kind of way. I hate them more than anything else.

It is for this exact reason that I am now blogging instead of revising. It feels as if the world will come crumbling down if I do this. How absurd am I? I am an almost straight a student, and I am terrified.

I hate this culture of standardised tests. Learning is a highly personal and individual affair. Human production lines were always doomed to marginalise some, and people will forever be falling through the cracks. I am not saying I am going to be one of those people, but this is a problem, and my racing heart and uncontrollable shivers when faced with the prospect of my exam reminded me of this.

Something needs to change. However, I cannot do anything now, I am too busy revising. ;)

Stay Conformist,
Your Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment