Saturday 2 February 2013

You & I are Starbright

So today was the first day of spring. Even if it wasn't spring, it was.

You know what I mean. The light held warmth and you could feel the sun on your back and everything was tinged with gold. It was the kind of day that is remembered in sepia tone and thought of during long, balmy Thursday evenings. Today was one such day, the first of the year, and though I spent much of it in a much too bright dance studio fighting down an anxiety attack and intense desire to be elsewhere, I enjoyed it.

And in the dizzy splendor I realised something, something very important. Before, for reasons I cannot yet articulate, I doubted it, but now I am sure. So I can say to you, completely sound in my heart, this:

I love him. I love him utterly, and hopelessly, and I cannot picture a day when I won't. He is the living embodiment of the First Spring Day, a light that brightens all around him, a taste of some unknowable light, only much less pretentious and much more real.

It is in this mood that I link you to my newest video. It is an original song, named Starbright.

Here
And Egor, if you are reading this, I love you.

Stay Caring,
Your Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment